1. I love living in Georgia when the weather is like this. 70 degrees in February? Yep! It is gorgeous today.
2. I hate heartburn. I had never experienced the joy of this until pregnancy, and now it seems to be a part of my every day. Orange juice? Never again. Spicy food? Not without 2 pepcid and a glass of milk.
3. I love peaches. Canned, fresh, frozen, chopped, sliced, diced, in a salad, over cottage cheese, or just eating it like an apple. I love love love em! I eat them every single day. I think I am going to call Drew my Lil’ Peach, because I have never eaten this many peaches in all of my life. (Great, now I want some peaches).
4. I really don’t like that some of my family feel compelled to tell us that they don’t like the name Drew for our daughter. It has so much meaning to us, that it quite frankly makes me mad. It’s just rude in my opinion, I would never make a negative comment about the name of someone else’s child unless they asked me for my honest opinion. Even then, I’d be super sensitive to how they may take the remark. I like the name Drew, but more importantly it’s a name that means something to us. And honestly, if the soldier whom we have elected to name our daughter after was named Bernard, well I’d just name her Bernie. Drew is beautiful to us, the end. (But it really hurt my feelings that not everyone adored the name).
5. I love that I get to see my baby tomorrow in an ultrasound. It’s always exciting. And they’ll confirm the sex, hope it’s still a girl because I have lots of pretty clothes for her already. Yaaaay!
6. I love Paula Deen. I wish she was my friend, so I could just pop over to her beautiful estate in Savannah where she would fix me a yummy dessert. I bet she laughs a lot, she just seems fun.
7. I still hate the smell of meat. I can’t even walk through the meat section at the grocery store. I feel like it’s a wall of iron smell, it’s this thick, metallic, iron-rich stench that I can’t even get off my clothes when I leave. I’m a FREAK!
8. I love having an excuse to be totally weird. And an excuse to forget things all the time. And an excuse for not getting anything done. And an excuse to not hit the gym. If I ever complain about the bad stuff that comes with pregnancy, remind me that I love having an excuse!
9. I love Old Navy yoga pants. They are my new most favoritest thing in life. I am ordering like 100 more pairs just in case they ever stop making them.
10. I love that Nigel seeks out the sunshine. He keeps moving further and further down the sofa to lay in the warm sun. I bet it’s good for his little hurt disks.
11. I love TV commercials. I was in the world of making ads for years, so I think I watch them differently than most folks. My recent favorites are Chrysler’s “Imported from Detroit” ad, it is so tough and gritty. The Walt Disney World commercial where the parents are surprising the kids with a trip to Disney – I cry every time. I also love the Hallmark ad where the little girls are listening to Grandma read “The Night Before Christmas”, makes me sob!
12. I am not a fan of pregnancy jeans. That panel is a pain in my rump. It’s always sliding down and it’s hot and they don’t even look cute. And they make my rear look really flat. Yuck. My husband, who doesn’t know when to lie, told me last week as I complained about getting fat in all-new places, “Your butt used to be more like this (as he did a bubble butt motion with his hands), now it’s more flat and wider (as he gestured a 4 foot wide span with his arms).” Seriously? I don’t think I should repeat the hand gesture I did…
13. I love that I can download Harlequin romances FREE on my ipad. I can never justify the $5 to buy those books, but FREE is a price I like! I’ve been readin’ up on my juicy, cheezy romance novels lately. Right now I’m reading one about a hot, rodeo-riding, cattle rancher who is falling in love with a gutsy detective. It’s gettin’ goooood. (By good, I mean mediocre, but fun to read). ha!
14. I love lists. I think I’ve told you all this before…lists are my life. The more lists the better. But I’ll end this list here.