1. My dogs stink much more when they get a little wet going outside to potty. What does a tiny bit of rain water do to them??? P.U.
2. Have you ever wondered what P.U. stands for? Well of course I have, and my internet research resulted in the following information:
a. The French term “peur” which means “to stink” thus P.U. is a shortened expression to say that you stink.
b. It’s a shortened term for puteo, which is Latin for “to stink, be redolent, or smell bad.”
c. It’s actually spelled “pew,” but is often pronounced as “pee-yew”. It’s root is the Indo-European word “pu,” meaning to rot or decay.
3. Rain, rain, I hope it rains all day today. More rain means less pollen, and in this part of the world that would be a huge blessing about right now. But it is supposed to rain all week, which means I am going to have stinky, rambunctious dogs in the house with me all week. Maybe my loving husband will volunteer to bathe them with the yummy-smelling strawberry shampoo I bought for the canines.
4. Do any of you love the television show Super Nanny? The type of parent I become will surely be shaped by my folks, by watching my friends parent their children, and most certainly from watching Super Nanny. So if I’m really bad at it, you can blame Jo Jo. Meanwhile, I am super excited that there’s a marathon on today!
5. For those of you that have children…how essential is a rocking chair? I’ve read that a comfortable chair is important, but rocking is not necessary. I am curious what all of you think.
These things are important to consider on a rainy day, as I am sure my internet research will increase today.
6. I need a massage. My neck hurts, my shoulders hurt, my hips hurt, my knees hurt, my ankles hurt, my feet hurt, come to think of it….I hurt all over. Poor me. It must be the rain. (Or maybe I’m just claiming that I’m in grave pain in the hopes that my husband will take pity on me and offer to rub my ankles. Oooooouch, oh my achin’ ankles).
7. I figured out a little weird thing about said husband… if I buy smell good, fancy hand soap, he washes his hands 1,000 times a day. We have foaming, basil-lime hand soap in the bathroom right now. He has already washed his hands 4 times this morning, and he walks out of the bathroom smelling his hands. Is that weird? I think it’s a little weird… so I’m going to call him “hand-sniffer”.
8. I went to a party last night. It was a “Thirty-One” party, which is a line of cute bags that can be embroidered. Several of my tennis buddies were there, as well as a pound of the best strawberries I’ve ever eaten in my whole life. I probably ate 3/4 of them, I was trying to contain myself from shoveling the hole pile in my mouth for fear of embarrassing myself.
Oh – the bags – yeah, I bought a few bags too. I got a diaper bag and had the baby’s name embroidered in hot pink. And a cute little box to keep in my car to hold all the “junk” that accumilates in my back seat.
But did I mention that delicious strawberries?
9. Speaking of food, I guess it’s lunch time. I wish Chick-fil-A delivered to my house. If y’all don’t have Chick-fil-A, then you don’t know the delicousness of their chicken biscuits and chicken sandwiches and lemon pie and sweet tea and waffle fries. Mmmmmmmmmmm. Oh, sorry, that was the baby talking. If you ask me, I’d prefer to have a salad and water.
Have a great weekend all. And spell check isn’t working on WordPress, so please eegnoor aull my spellin arrers.