Today… Monday… I am posting a random list of thoughts…
1. I’ve been painting canvases for my soon-to-arrive daughter’s room. I will share them with all of you soon, but they are currently a work in progress. And my camera suddenly is not operating. I have the battery charging and will move lenses around to see if I’ve just bumped something. Send happy vibes my way that the camera is okay!
2. I bought a new album on iTunes. It’s ADELE’s album “21”. Holy cow is it good! I’ve been listening to it while I paint. The messages in the song don’t really match the task at hand as she is mostly telling the man in her life that he doesn’t know how good he had it with her. And that she really wants him back. Or in another song she’s kind of yelling at him for not trying hard enough. Not exactly getting me in the “kid” mood, but the music is so good I can’t stop listening to it! Her voice is amazing.
3. It is starting to feel like summer here. That’s great because I am sooooo ready to hit the pool! I’ve been shopping the maternity swimsuits… I think that clothing manufacturers think that it’s funny to basically make a joke of pregnant women that want to swim. None of those suits are flattering. Most of them have huge prints that look like they came straight from grandma’s mu-mu. Like I really want a giant hibiscus on my ever-growing belly. Or better yet, put that jumbo daisy print across my hind-end. That is surely going to disguise my growing hips and make me feel confident as I strut my stuff at the neighborhood pool.
4. Nigel took a nose-dive this morning. He was outside across the yard. He was done doing his “business”, so I yelled out to him, “Nigel! You ready to eat!?!”. Well, I guess he was hungry because he started hauling his little blind self across that yard at warp speed. Then he hit a little bump in the ground and face planted in the fescue. He just lay there for a second and I was so scared…thinking, here we go again with a neck injury. Then he hopped up, shook his little head, and started running full steam ahead again. And yes, he did gobble up his grub. He was starving! And he seems to be fine, let’s hope he stays that way.
5. My sister came up to our house for Easter yesterday. We had dinner at a local family-style, southern fair type restaurant. It was gooooood. Ham, roast, fried chicken, mashed potatoes, creamed corn, green beans, collard greens, black-eyed peas, sweet potatoes, yeast rolls and my favorite – cornbread muffins. Man was it good. I had an excuse to waddle back to my car afterwards.
6. My husband and I put the baby’s crib together this weekend. And I’ve been patching nail holes in the walls and trying to figure out how to configure the room. I know we still have a lot of time, but my friends and family are coming here for a baby shower in a couple of weeks. I want everyone to get to see the nursery somewhat put together. I will be sure to post photos of everything as we start to get it together. I could cry looking at the crib, I just can’t imagine that my little baby girl will soon be in there. My friend Stefanie told me that her 3.5 month old is sleeping in her crib now. She says it’s weird to think back to when her crib was just an empty space, now it’s her daughter’s bed. It still amazes me that I am capable of growing this child inside of me. (I know that sounds kind of personal, sorry). But when I feel her tumble around I feel totally mesmerized. How could this be real?
7. My girlfriend Colleen mentioned making a peanut butter pie for Easter. Doesn’t that sound delicious? Growing up, my friend’s grandma used to always make peanut butter pies for us when we would visit. Hers had an Oreo crust and a frozen peanut butter filling that was so creamy it would just melt in your mouth. So you know what I’m planning to make this week? You got it… a peanut butter pie!!! Now I have to decide between Paige’s Grandma’s recipe and Paula Deen. It really comes down to an Oreo crust or a graham cracker crust? Decisions, decisions…
8. Okay, I’ve blathered on enough, so I’ll stop here. But I wanted to mention that I really do appreciate the sweet and encouraging comments I always receive from you guys. I love that you laugh with me and that you’re always offering your experiences and thoughts about each post. So be sure to tell me your funny maternity swimsuit stories or what y’all did for Easter!